Thursday, February 5, 2009

This world is a poorly constructed joke...

When I was young I often wondered what this world was about and eagerly wanted to know what was happening where... Now that I know, I have lost that curiosity along with the wondering smile.

People might read this and go, "what a pessimist!". Why? because I talk about the 'bad' things happening everywhere and that ruins your day. Ignoring the world we live in and narrowing your life down to the little world that revolves around your home,the streets you drive your car in till you reach your workplace, and then the drive to your shopping mall, is what I would call living in a 'dreamworld'. If there were people getting shot and tortured inside your house, on the streets, you would be like what the hell is wrong with this world... Why do you need to witness everything first hand to realise there is a problem and accept it.



I am not saying to sit down and cry about it, just realise what is happening right this moment all around the world. If you are complaining about the traffic jam, the man who no longer loves you, the mortgage payments, the unhappy child, the promotion at work... Think again.. You my friend have no problems, none whatsoever. People who have actual problems are getting raped, tortured, dying of hunger, crying as they watch their parents being burnt.. All you have is self created problem in your head and are now complaining to yourself. I have no sympathy for you, none whatsoever. If you are sitting somewhere depressed cause life is so boring, I have no friends, I am too old, I have no partner, my friends are doing better than me.. Then come to this side of town and tell them your problems. They will look at you and wonder what you are saying. They wont understand, they will look at you as a child who has a broken toy, but has hundreds others to play with, yet is crying cause THIS one is broken.

I cannot even put to words the things people go through and still manage a smile on their faces. These are just the one's I have met, 20 years in jail in solitary confinement(24 hours a day)for saying that the government is not helping its people, dead parents and she doesnt know why, no money to buy the next meal, 30 children crying and wanting to be loved, but nobody is there to hold themm Coz their mothers were trafficked to the brothels of Thailand, This is not an advertisement on TV, this my friends is life, life out there a few hours away on a plane. This is the world where I live, you live, the one where we all live. You're not so far neighbor is suffering, suffering in the true sense. His body does not have means of survival, and yet when he talks he smiles...

I look at them, and look back at my own self and the thoughts that bother me, the ones that bother my family, my friends, our society, everyday thoughts that I see you complain about. I am sorry to say this but you have lost the right to complain about the problems you face, the mental issues you have created in your head are just a wandering thought. If I remove the water, food and your house, all of a sudden you will realize you had no troubles at all. There are people who are living on the brink of survival, with no secure future of having food to eat and yet they laugh with me. They have all the right reasons in our world to be depressed, frightened, full of fear. But they instead look at the world and say "it's alright", "it will be fine". Then there are the people in our glorious First world, who have everything you need and much more, but still want more, and keep praying to god and saying why has he forgotten them..
Many of you might say, "of course, I already know all this", but I am with you when you complain, I hear you say that you need something more and then you will be little more satisfied and happy. You must STOP acting as if there is a problem, I want you to look at each moment in your life and be happy and content. You have been lucky enough to experience that moment and yet you let it pass by. There are billions of people who would dream to be in the position you are in today...

I don’t want you to feel sorry for them, or feel obliged to give donations, or spend a few months helping the poor. Just be grateful for the life you are blessed with and next time you feel deprived or incomplete, or hard done by..... THINK AGAIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment